|“||𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘤-𝘓𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥?||”|
–@virtual_self's description as of October 25, 2017
The project's self-titled debut extended play was released on November 29, 2017. On December 8, 2017, its first live show, VIRTUAL SELF UTOPIA, was also scheduled to be held in Brooklyn, New York's Avant Gardner, though Robinson confirmed in an update on December 1, 2017 that the venue had changed. It was initially believed that the project was tied into an alternate reality game; however, Robinson said to a fan the night of the event that there was not one involved.
technic-AngelEditThe technic-Angel, also known as the technic_Angel and/or Technica, is one of the two character figures associated with Virtual Self. Their gender is unconfirmed, though they are believed to be female due to their appearance—a young womanlike figure in a dark robe— and also speculated to represent half of the project.
PathselectorEditPathselector is the second of the character figures and the speculated other half of Virtual Self. While their gender, like the technic-Angel's, is unconfirmed, they are depicted as being donned in light clothing, with white hair and a gold mask covering a majority of their face.
- The date of the project's revelation, Robinson's "This Is Good" playlist on Spotify was cleared save for four songs: "Lesson One" by Starsmith, "Satisfy" by NERO, "Candy Flavored Lips (bo en イパネマREMIX)" by Spazzkid, and "EON BREAK".
- ↑ @virtual_self on Twitter - "Virtual Self ( U T O P I A ). 𝑆𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑒𝑐𝘩𝑜. ..."
- ↑ @virtual_self on Twitter - !! important update !! due to a construction issue, VIRTUAL SELF UTOPIA is moving to a larger warehouse space. ...
- ↑ @virtualself on instagram - "Good morning Technica."
- ↑ Spotify - Porter Robinson's This Is Good List