The topic of this page has a wiki of its own: Madeon Wiki.
Hugo Pierre Leclercq, also known under his stage name Madeon, is a French electronic music producer.
Work with Porter RobinsonEdit
"Back In the Game" (Wayne Mont & Eko Remix)Edit
- Main article: Back In the Game
During the years (estimated to be 2009-2010) when Robinson went under the name Ekowraith, he collaborated with Leclercq—who at the time went under the aliases Wayne Mont and DJ Deamon—on a remix of the former's track with Sample Rippers. However, the remix was not officially released until 2012, when it was posted onto the Internet by the label, Yawa Recordings.
- Main article: Shelter
The song was released in August 2016.
- As stated multiple times by Robinson and Madeon, the two had known each other for several years prior to "Shelter".
- Madeon said during an interview with AXS that he and Porter "always were a huge influence on each other as [they] learned to make music" and that they had "met long before either of [them] had a career."
- At the end of the final (Seattle, Washington) show of the North American leg of the Shelter Live Tour, Robinson said that he and Madeon "met, like, ten years ago on an online message board. [They] ... were making music together at the ages of like thirteen and fifteen. ..."
- In an interview with inthemix.junkee.com, Madeon said that as teens, he and Robinson mostly had "sent music back and forward for feedback" and that though they had "occasionally discussed [working together] and even had some stuff," he did not count them as "proper collaborations." Robinson also confessed that there also had been "an element of rivalry" between them.
- ↑ Your EDM - Old Porter Robinson & Madeon Collaboration Finally Released
- ↑ AXS - Interview: Porter Robinson and Madeon talk Shelter Tour before 3 shows in LA this weekend
- ↑ YouTube - Porter Robinson Shelter Encore
- ↑ inthemix.junkee.com - Porter Robinson and Madeon still have faith in electronic music